[ckan-dev] Action API, package_search sort by ratings_average

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed Feb 6 12:11:14 UTC 2013

Hi Juma

Your search query is fine (only you should use desc if you want to
have the most rated first).
The only problem is that I don't think that the ratings feature is
used in latest versions of CKAN. It probably is available on the
search index because it has been kept there for compatibility.(I may
be wrong, so if anyone knows more about ratings please step in).

One alternative would be to set up the tracking and use "views_recent
desc" which is what we use for our "Popular" sort option.

Adrià