[ckan-dev] 'Awaiting review' tag on github issues

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Feb 15 10:18:18 UTC 2013

> I want to have a roadmap meeting where we're not just reactively fixing
> things / reviewing bugs, but planning and moving stuff forward. For example
> I'm putting together a spec for more coherent data explorer functionality
> and ability for admins to 'invite' users - i.e. create user account and
> assign them roles. Presumably just adding this as a github issue creates
> noise

Yeah, I think so. I think for new features generally, they shouldn't be
added to github issues until someone starts working on them (and at that
point, it could just become a standalone pull request once there's some
code for it, doesn't actually need to be an issue as such). And keep the
issues more for reporting bugs.

So roadmap trello board seems the right place to collect and prioritise
these.

Although if you're putting together a spec, I think the spec itself
should go on the github wiki, we should keep all our specs there, rather
than lose them in different trello cards and google docs. We can add a
specs page to the wiki to collect them all together.