[ckan-dev] lib/cli.py and imports

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Sat Feb 16 09:50:14 UTC 2013

This is a well known pylons issue with logging config.

If you create a logger before it is configured, you end up with log.disabled=1

> I think this may be an old problem that has been fixed by code cleanups that
> have occurred - at least if I import ckan.model as model in the top of the
> file all seems to work as expected as well as logging happening - in at
> least some places.

Model doesn't have much logging anyway. But you'll be aware that many
imports start a cascade of imports, creating log objects, all with
disabled=1 unless configuration is configured.

David