[ckan-dev] python version for ckan

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Feb 21 09:54:48 UTC 2013

> Currently ckan 2.0 requires 2.7 if nothing else because of the use of
> OrderedDict.  I think this is something we have slipped into and maybe
> we should revisit our requirements.

Oops. I thought we were supposed to be targeting 2.6 because that's the
default version of Python that comes with Ubuntu 10.04, and we still
support Ubuntu 10.04.

I thought this was written down in CONTRIBUTING or in the coding
standards somewhere, but now I can't find it. It should be though.

So if the addition of 2.7 features has only been small and is easy to
revert we probably should do.