[ckan-dev] Issue 334 edit related on /app

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:29:09 UTC 2013

On 25 February 2013 11:14, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at okfn.org> wrote:

> > Not all related items belong to a dataset, so maybe this should change.
> > On publicdata.eu <http://publicdata.eu> for example, none of the
> > related items on the /apps
> > page (also on the front page) belong to a dataset.
> >
> > so these currently cannot be edited/deleted?  is this the case?
>
> No, I did a quick test and actually it looks like I can update and
> delete them via the api.
>
> What is the situation with this?  My view is for ckan to be good it should

* allow action via api
* allow action via web front end

Is the suggestion here that if we can do either route that's good enough?
It feels that we should be able to do both.

> For the update I passed owner_id=null.
>
> For the delete, just the related id worked.

I think there is a bug and related item is never removed from the package
(this may be masked by the way we get/dictize the related items)  we add it
in related_create but never seem to remove it.

> related_show also works with just the related id.
>
> related_list seems to be broken though, keeps 500ing.

yeah the code looks buggy here

How important is this being fixed for 2.0?