[ckan-dev] Is there a way to disable register option in ckan

Nigel Babu nigel.babu at okfn.org
Tue Feb 26 13:54:57 UTC 2013

Hi Stefan,

There is not yet an easy way to disable register in CKAN. There's a pull
request to fix this and I'm going to be working on this[1].

Theoretically, you can have 2 CKAN instances with slightly different
templates and config files using the same database, however, I would
recommend just hiding the login link in your instance of ckan and have your
team visit yourckaninstance.org/user/login to login.  You could also have a
smaller link in the footer that says "Staff Login" or "Admin Login".
[1] https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/399

Nigel