[ckan-dev] pycsw integration

Daniel Kürner danielkuerner at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 3 08:15:14 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I am writing my diploma thesis on the metadata management of a german
research project that uses ckan as a basis for storing geo-related
datasets. I did build a single page app integrated into the TYPO3 CMS using
angularjs and the excellent CKAN action API.
( http://crc806db.uni-koeln.de/data/ )
We aim to make the datasets available through a 2.0.2 capable csw server
for interoperability reasons.

>From this list I gather that there is an ongoing integration of pycsw into
ckan. I have a few questions regarding the integration:

1. Is pycsw integrated as an extension through the plugin Interfaces or
within the ckan core ?
2. How far is the integration process?
3. Are there ways of contributing to the integration process ( I searched
the okfn/ckan and okfn/ckanext-spatial github sources including the
different branches but could not find an entry point for this)

p.s. A happy new year to all of you

Regards,
daniel