[ckan-dev] Hide dataset in search

Lasse Vestergaard ibbernik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 09:12:28 UTC 2013

Hi all.

I know it's more or less against the whole idea of CKAN, but is it possible
to hide datasets from certain users? I have played around with the
authorization part and it seems that I can restrict access to actual
viewing a dataset. The problem is that I can still search for the dataset,
and it will then be put on the list of search results. I would like to
completely hide a dataset. Is that possible?

The reason why I would like to do this, is that I have a client, that is
willing to put up some data, but they want to have a trial period to make
sure that they don't screw anything up for themselves.

Best regards

Lasse Vestergaard