[ckan-dev] examples of GeoJson field data

p.romain at cg33.fr p.romain at cg33.fr
Tue Jan 8 13:17:39 UTC 2013

Hi Adria,

Thanks a lot for your answer. i will investigate into that.

Pascal

Cordialement,
Pascal Romain
Chef de projet informatique documentaire
Service Projets Etudes Conseils
Direction des Systèmes d'Information
05 56 99 33 33 poste 6643
@datalocale

De :    Adrià Mercader <adria.mercader at okfn.org>
A :     CKAN Development Discussions <ckan-dev at lists.okfn.org>, Rufus
Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>
Date :  08/01/2013 12:36
Objet : Re: [ckan-dev] examples of GeoJson field data
Envoyé par :    ckan-dev-bounces at lists.okfn.org

Hi Pascal,

The GeoJSON string field should be quoted and to be a valid json, the
object representation should have double quotes. The problem is that
the current Recline parser won't recognise the following (which is an
issue IMO):

name,geom
Test, "{\"type\":\"Point\",\"coordinates\":[-1.1207,45.4874]}"

The only way I got it working is using single quotes on the field, and
telling recline so when loading the dataset (You can test it in
http://explorer.datahub.io, which allows you to specify the text
delimiter)

name,geom
Test, '{"type":"Point","coordinates":[-1.1207,45.4874]}'

Unfortunately, the current CKAN integration with Recline does not
allow defining advanced options like the text delimiter, so I'm afraid
there isn't an easy fix around this.

Perhaps Rufus has another approach that could work?

Adrià

On 8 January 2013 09:17,  <p.romain at cg33.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to take advantage of recline GeoJson capabilities to
display
> geographical data on our CKAN instance.
> We transform the data from WKT to GeoJson but so far we have not been
able
> to have working examples.
> I remember seeing some dataset using this feature but I can't find them
> anymore.
>
> A simple example with only one fied
>
> {"type":"Point","coordinates":[-1.1207,45.4874]}
>
> A more advanced example

3301,ARCACHON,XCAN01,{"type":"Polygon","coordinates":[[[-1.2043,44.6385],[-1.2014,44.6394],[-1.1964,44.6407],[-1.1959,44.6408],[-1.1952,44.6408],[-1.1946,44.6409],[-1.1944,44.6409]]]}

> On of the issue is the separator of fields normaly the comma which is
part
> of the GeoJson syntax.
>
> Could you point me with example of resources using GeoJson fields in csv
> files ?
>

> Best,
> Pascal
>
> Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à
> l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Ce message ne constitue pas
un
> document officiel. Seuls les documents revêtus de la signature du
Président
> du Conseil Général ou d'un de ses délégataires sont de nature à engager
le
> Département.
> Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Tout message
> électronique est susceptible d'altération et le Département de la
Gironde