[ckan-dev] Github Issues

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Jan 9 21:03:04 UTC 2013

I agree lets try to keep the number of issues down and the tags to just
what we really need. I think we need to tweak the tags though:

- bug is a useful tag for when I come across a bug in master that I'm
  not going to fix right now and need to file it somewhere, even though
  we want to keep the number of issues down I do think we want to keep
  track of all bugs we know about in ckan not just the ones we're
  planning to fix this sprint or something, so the tag is useful for
  distinguishing these issues from other types of issues.

  bugs can always be tagged wontfix and closed, if they seem low
  priority and unlikely to be worked on.

- I think question and enhancement are also useful for similar reasons.

- invalid, wontfix and duplicate are useful for keeping the number of
  issues down, you just slap one of these tags on an issue and close it!

  For example wishlist issues for features we're never going to
  implement will inevitably appear, now you can tag them wontfix and
  close them.

- medium should go seems meaningless

- low should go, seems a way to tag things and then let them sit open
  forever, just be honest and tag them wontfix and close them instead.

  So the only priority would be HIGH, everything else is normal

- Issues that _must_ be done for ckan 2.0 could be tagged ckan 2.0 and
  HIGH, that way we can use version number tags to keep track of what
  bugs affect what versions, what features are planned for what
  versions, etc. not just the stuff that is critical for the release.