[ckan-dev] Github Issues

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Jan 11 13:29:15 UTC 2013

> I've created a quick and dirty script to link pull requests and issues.
>
> Currently it assumes you are in a branch called xxx-.... where xxx is the
> same number as the issue it relates to.
> let me know of any problems/suggestions
>
> https://github.com/tobes/gitlink

Do we really need to make existing issues into pull requests or can we
just create new pull requests? I know it's nice to have just one issue
instead of two but it's a PITA since the web interface doesn't do it,
and I did notice that if you refer to an issue from a commit or pull
request then it automatically puts links to the commits and pull request
in the issue:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/268

so we won't lose track of which pull requests are for which issues.

Just use the original issue number (and not the new issue number from
the pull request) in your branch names and commit messages.

It's kind of equivalent to with trac, we'd have a trac issue and a
github pull request and reference between them manually