[ckan-dev] Logging and paster post

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Jan 14 11:03:47 UTC 2013

I think I'll probably try re-writing this as a standalone script, that
calls the CKAN API one resource_show and resource_update at a time. That
way there's no need for any long-running process inside ckan itself (or
a ckanext) and I should have no problem putting prints, logs and traces
in my script.

I remembered how I handled this when implementing the email
notifications feature as an action function to be called over paster
post. The other way you can call your action function is from a unit
test, and when called that way any prints, logs or set_traces will work.