[ckan-dev] Errors while running nosetests on importlib

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Jan 15 10:08:12 UTC 2013

> Hi,  while trying to run nosetests --ckan ckanext/importlib/tests/ I
> get the following:
>
> …..
>   File "/Users/peder/source/ckan/ckan/tests/wsgi_ckanclient.py", line 64, in open_url
>     self._print("ckanclient: Received HTTP error code from CKAN resource.")
> AttributeError: 'WsgiCkanClient' object has no attribute '_print'

I've seen this before, it's a weird one because it only seems to affect
some people. I guess you're using CKAN 1.8? This has been fixed in 2.0.

The problem comes from the _print( lines in ckan/tests/wsgi_ckanclient.py,
just change these to normal print statements and it should work. See:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/commit/0e9ff2d7b1b29f48382e71b35e1af8792f0b1267