[ckan-dev] Github Issues

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Jan 16 10:31:42 UTC 2013

> > What about per-project tags? e.g. a pdeu tag. It would be useful to be
> > able to filter by this so I can see what needs to be done for pdeu. On
> > the other hand I can imagine this might create quite a lot of new tags.
> >
> > Currently we have all our pdeu issues in ckanext-pdeu's github issues,
> > but this seems wrong as many of them are ckan things not ckanext-pdeu
> > things (they'll be fixed by a pull request on ckan not on ckanext-pdeu).
> >

> This seems reasonable to me ie project tags but maybe make them all start
> with the same char / be simlar colour etc to keep them less distracting?

Alright, we already have priority.* (even if some of us want to reduce
it to just one priority anyway) so I'll go with project.*, and make them
all the same colour yes.

We can always remove them all later if it turns out to be a menace.

I think it is necessary for each project to have issues on the ckan core
github if code will be committed to ckan core for those issues, because
you need issue numbers to put in the commit messages etc., and a
seperate repo like ckanext-pdeu has its own independent set of issue
numbers that would clash.