[ckan-dev] harvest extension and rabbitmq

Hildegard Gerlach hildegard.gerlach at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Tue Jul 2 10:15:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have installed the harvest extension on Redhat6 following the
instructions on

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-harvest/tree/stable

I installed  rabbitmq-server with yum and put the following line in the
configuration file.

ckan.harvest.mq.type = rabbitmq

This gives me an error when I try to use this command:
paster --plugin=ckanext-harvest harvester gather_consumer
--config=development.ini

Exception: not a valid queue type rabbitmq

Also here (as well as on my local machine) I see this file
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-harvest/blob/master/ckanext/harvest/queue.py

which onle asks for ampq or redis, I can't see anything about rabbitmq.

So, what do I have to do ?

Thanks

Hilde