[ckan-dev] Changing background image on new CKAN install

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Wed Jul 17 02:25:41 UTC 2013

Hi, we have recently installed CKAN 2.0, and are tweaking it a bit.  One thing we want to do is replace the default (grey chequered) background image.

I provided a new image to my IT guy and asked him to implement the change, however he has come back to me with an issue:

I have updated the homepage.less to use the new background.  Updating the less requires<http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/frontend-development.html#stylesheets> a recompile of the css.  I have installed everything required and the final command bin/less gives the following output:

Watching /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan/ckan/public/base/less
[2013-07-17 01:35:03] recompiled main.css in 1345ms

The command never exits so it seems like its stuck in an infinite loop.

I have attached part of the puppet script that installs the necessary components and runs the commands for recompiling the less files.  Note, I am using the latest node.js from ppa:chris-lea/node.js.  Which is added outside of the code I provided.

This is code for adding the node.js ppa.
  apt::ppa { 'ppa:chris-lea/node.js': }
---
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks