[ckan-dev] API upload failing

Hendrik Bunke bunke.hendrik at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 09:06:11 UTC 2013

Hi Sean,

--On 2013-07-03 09:09, Sean wrote:
> yes, I'm positive I'm using the correct API key cut & pasted
> from my profile page.
>
> I ran a python -v to check where the ckanclient import is
> coming from and (in the source) it reads version 0.10 - which I
> think is the same as the latest in github.

Unfortunately you can't rely on that. It seems that the latest
version on github didn't change the version number since the last
release on PyPi. So please make sure, that you're definitely
using the github repository
(https://github.com/okfn/ckanclient.git).

> Any ideas? Am I correct in assuming that a return tuple of ('',
> 'Found') means that the upload_file() call failed?

I'm not sure where 'Found' comes from, but the empty string in
tuple[0] indicates an error. The upload_file method in ckanclient
should return the location of the uploaded file.

regards
hendrik

--
Dr. Hendrik Bunke