[ckan-dev] ImportError: cannot import name get_library_registry

David Lemayian dlemayian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 10:39:30 UTC 2013

Hi Reinoud,

Just on your question on an easy way to install python packages required,
this should help:

pip install -r /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan/requirements.txt

Also on the Error on SQLAlchemy, it seems you need to downgrade it
(SQLAlchemy) to get it working.

Cheers,
David.

On 7 July 2013 23:38, Reinoud Bosch <rbo at iisg.nl> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for responding!
>
> I've decided to try an install on a clean Ubuntu 13.04 system using
> package install for CKAN.
>
> First I run Software Updater. Then I open a terminal; here are my
> installation notes (who knows these might be useful for anyone having
> trouble installing CKAN on Ubuntu 13.04):
>
> sudo su
> → password
> apt-get install -y nginx apache2 libapache2-mod-wsgi libpq5
> wget http://packaging.ckan.org/python-ckan-2.0_amd64.deb
> dpkg -i python-ckan-2.0_amd64.deb
> apt-get install -y postgresql solr-jetty openjdk-6-jdk
> cd /etc/default
> gedit jetty
>         NO_START=0
>         JETTY_HOST=127.0.0.1
>         JETTY_PORT=8983
> → save and close
> service jetty start
> → solr works on localhost:8983/solr
> mv /etc/solr/conf/schema.xml   /etc/solr/conf/schema.xml.bak
> ln -s /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan/ckan/config/solr/schema-2.0.xml
> /etc/solr/conf/schema.xml
> service jetty restart
> → solr works again
> sudo postgres psql -l
> → utf ok
> sudo -u postgres createuser -S -D -R -P ckan_default
> → ckanpassword
> sudo -u postgres createdb -O ckan_default ckan_default -E utf-8
> mkdir -p /etc/ckan/default
> chown `whoami` /etc/ckan
> apt-get install python-pastescript
> easy_install -U Pylons
> cd /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan
> paster make-config ckan /etc/ckan/default/development.ini
> cd /etc/ckan/default
> gedit development.ini
>         sqlalchemy.url =
> postgresql://ckan_default:ckanpassword/ckan_default
>         solr_url = http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr
> → save and close
>
> So far so good; now the trouble starts. I follow suggestions from
> http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-2.0/install-from-source.html#postgres-setup
>
> Here I go:
>
> cd /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan
> paster db init -c /etc/ckan/default/development.ini
>
> With repeated trying I get a number of messages indicating that modules
> are missing, so I install them:
>
> easy_install fanstatic
> easy_install sqlalchemy
> easy_install repose.who
> easy_install pyutilib.component.core
> easy_install babel
> easy_install genshi
> easy_install vdm
>
> Trying paster db init -c /etc/ckan/default/development.ini after that last
> easy_install gives me the message:
>
> ValueError: VDM only works with SQLAlchemy versions 0.4 through 0.7, not:
> 0.8.2
>
> This is when I currently give up.
>
> I tried the install from source but that proved even more tricky.
>
> I have the feeling there should be an easier way to install required
> python-packages that could resolve this problem.

> [...]

David Lemayian

E: dlemayian at gmail.com | T: +254721107650 | Skype: David.Lemayian |
Twitter: @DavidLemayian <http://twitter.com/DavidLemayian> | W:
www.davidlemayian.com

Techpreneur . Hiker . Photographer . Tech Consultant . Developer . Winner
Google ADC Sub-Saharan Africa