[ckan-dev] How to Install Datastorer?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Jul 9 16:52:02 UTC 2013

> When you mentioned 'activate the virtual enviroment', do you mean .
> /usr/lib/ckan/default/bin/activate or . ~/pyenv/bin/activate ?
> (Although I have tried both, it seems not working.)

Assuming you're using CKAN 2 and you either did a package install or
followed the source install instructions, then activating your
virtualenv should be:

    /usr/lib/ckan/default/bin/activate

If you followed some earlier version of the install instructions and
install CKAN into ~/pyenv then it would be:

    ~/pyenv/bin/activate

> When we use . /usr/lib/ckan/default/bin/activate, we got the error
> message:
>

> (default)root at ubuntu:/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan# paster setup.py develop
> Command 'setup.py' not known (you may need to run setup.py egg_info)

It's `python setup.py develop`, not `paster`.