[ckan-dev] Problems with wms_preview

Hildegard Gerlach hildegard.gerlach at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Wed Jul 10 14:02:34 UTC 2013

Hi Adrià,

we did some more investigations in the meantime. Seems that it has to do
with the translation the resource proxy does

Here an example:
Get Capabilities request
http://139.191.1.77/arcgis/services/Danube/SoilThreats/MapServer/WMSServer?request=GetCapabilities&service=WMS

transformed by resource proxy
http://mtester.ies.jrc.it/dataset/european-soil-data-centre-saline-and-sodic-soils-map-for-europed4211/resource/0a42e153-15b0-42d1-915a-a44bbbadd1db/proxy?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.1

If I call this link directly, it gets a
Content Encoding Error resulting from a XML parsing error

The WMS services are on an ArcGIS Server.
All our harvested WMS services seem to have the same problem, I am
trying to find out if I have one which is working.

Thanks for your help

Hilde