[ckan-dev] How to Install Datastorer?

Constantine zigchg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 19:09:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thank you! The command 'python setup.py development' runs smoothly.
However, after that, when we tried to run 'paster datastorer update -c
/etc/ckan/default/production.ini', we still got the error message as
follows:
*
(default)root at ubuntu:~/pyenv/src/ckanext-datastorer/ckanext# paster
datastorer update -c /etc/ckan/default/production.ini
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/ckan/default/bin/paster", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('PasteScript==1.7.5', 'console_scripts', 'paster')()
  File
"/usr/lib/ckan/default/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paste/script/command.py",
line 104, in run
    invoke(command, command_name, options, args[1:])
  File
"/usr/lib/ckan/default/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paste/script/command.py",
line 143, in invoke
    exit_code = runner.run(args)
  File
"/usr/lib/ckan/default/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paste/script/command.py",
line 238, in run
    result = self.command()
  File "/root/pyenv/src/ckanext-datastorer/ckanext/datastorer/commands.py",
line 73, in command
    import tasks
  File "/root/pyenv/src/ckanext-datastorer/ckanext/datastorer/tasks.py",
line 12, in <module>
    from ckanext.archiver.tasks import download, update_task_status
ImportError: No module named archiver.tasks*

And we also don't really understand this paragraph in datastorer read-me,
*
Start the celery daemon. This can be done in development by:

paster celeryd # this is assuming a development.ini file
*
*(What does the words after # mean? How should this command be like? Shall
we use the production.ini file in /etc/ckan/default?)
*
*
In production the daemon should be run with a different ini file and be run
as an init script. The simplest way to do this is to install supervisor:

apt-get install supervisor

You can use this file as a template and add it to /etc/supservisor/conf.d:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/master/ckan/config/celery-supervisor.conf*
*
*
*(Anything else to complete other than download the file and copy it into
/etc/supervisor/conf.d?)
*
We are very grateful and truly appreciate the help you gave us! So sorry to
bother you again with so many questions. Hope you can help us again.

Thank you!

Shawn