[ckan-dev] .csv File Preview Function

Dominik Moritz dominik.moritz at okfn.org
Fri Jul 19 09:00:09 UTC 2013

Hey Shawn,

On 18 Jul 2013, at 19:50, <zigchg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>

> We solved the ‘No JSON object could be decoded’ problem by adding our api-key to the configure file. And we also have added datastore, datastorer, recline_preview as plug-ins to the configure file too. It goes well when we run ’paster datastorer update -c /etc/ckan/default/production.ini’ and ‘sudo ckan db init’, and we guess we are fine with datastorer now.
>

> However, the problem is, when we upload .csv file and try to use the preview function, the website asked us to download the file instead of previewing. How can we solve it? Do we need to activate ‘recline’physically since we know that it is an important component of the preview function?

What do you mean by, it asks you to download it? On which page? It should be enough to add `recline_preview` to the configuration and restart CKAN.

Is your CKAN at `127.0.0.1:5000`? Can you go to the url (http://127.0.0.1:5000/api/3/action/datastore_search) in your Browser?

> Are there any relationship between failing in the test and not being able to preview the .csv file? (We haven’t tried other file since the data files we have are all .csv file.)

Could be but to me it seems unrelated. I have to know a little bit more about the exact errors and your set-up to tell for sure.

> We are so grateful for all the help you guys gave us, especially Dominik who really helped us a lot. Thank you guys so much!

:-)

Cheers,
Dominik