[ckan-dev] Spatial search for datasets with dataset collection

Fawcett, David (MNIT) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Mon Jul 22 16:20:45 UTC 2013

I am not convinced that API spatial queries work with CKAN v2.0 (API v3).  I would love to have someone demonstrate a working bbox query under API v3.

Here is a challenge to the list: Please provide a simple example that confirms that spatial queries work via APIv3 and shows the correct syntax for using a spatial query to select packages/datasets.  This example can be written against data.gov or any of the other public CKAN instances out there.

Here is a little more information on my similar issue:
I have a CKAN instance with the spatial extension installed.
We have some datasets the include the 'spatial' metadata element
Using the spatial extension gui, I can correctly find/select datasets based on their bbox
I haven't been able to produce an API request that selects the correct datasets.

I put a question out to this list last week and haven't received any responses.  In trying to come up with a proper API request, I looked at the tests in ckanext-spatial.  The tests are still written against version 2 of the API.  This didn't seem like a great sign to me...

Thanks,

David.