[ckan-dev] Questions about where to find answers

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Jul 23 09:31:16 UTC 2013

> Wondering where I could find the questions and answers without having
> to click through all the archives for this list?

You can use google's site" feature to search the list archives, type
e.g.:

    foobar site:http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/

into google. Also for ckan-discuss. There's also a CKAN tag on Stack
Overflow that you can search for answers:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ckan

> We have our CKAN development instance installed on a test/demo
> machine, so not localhost. It's accessible outside of the machine.
> When we click submit on many forms (login, logout, update account
> settings just as three examples), it keeps trying to take us to
> http://localhost:5000. This, of course, is not available.

Hmm, have you set the ckan.site_url option in your config file?

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/configuration.html#ckan-site-url

Also, are you running CKAN using paster, or have you deployed it using
Apache?