[ckan-dev] Datasets not updating properly

James Smith jgsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 14:49:03 UTC 2013

I posted previously about tags not updating. I solved that problem by
wiping the database and starting over. Tags are now updating.

I have a different problem now. I've added my fourth dataset and now
dataset descriptions won't show up anywhere other than the dataset edit
form when I go in to add a description after creating a dataset without a
description.

What gives? Where do I need to be looking for the problem? I've poured over
code, templates, databases. I haven't a clue what I need to be changing to
make updates come through to the viewing page.

Any pointers to files I need to look at to figure out the model code that
keeps updates from being viewed would be helpful. That would help me track
down what I'm doing wrong. I'm not a python programmer, so I'm not used to
the conventions and assumptions made by sqlalchemy and related packages.

-- Jim