[ckan-dev] Solr Indexing Documents

Prahadeesh S prahad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 17:42:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am looking into the indexing of package and got few queries.

1. Indexing custom metadata fields .

 Need to figure out a better way to include additional (ckan default
fields) meta-data fields and custom fields(resource extras) into Solr
indexing. So that those fields also be part of keyword search.

I could see "before_index" function in IPackageController is the place to
start doing this. I tried modifying the package dictionary as part of
"before_index" by adding new fields as "extras" and it works fine.

Esp. I need to include the resources fields to be included as part of
search. I can still create "extras" for the all the fields I want to
include as part of search.

But is this right approach which I am doing or is there any other better
way to implement this?

2. Is there anyway to do the indexing of documents uploaded as part of
resources.
    Does any of the existing extensions (datastorer?) have an option or way
to index the documents(doc or pdfs?)?

Thanks
Prahadeesh