[ckan-dev] "Featured section" on home page

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 16:59:03 UTC 2013

On 3 June 2013 17:51, Randy Rosso <rossonova at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a CKAN site up and running, and I've played with the configuration
> settings within the site as well as in the production.ini file. I was able
> to update the featured groups on the home page. How do I set/update the
> featured section on the home page? (Where it currently says "This is a
> featured section" and has a space for an image.) I haven't been able to find
> this in any of the documentation.
> Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

There is an issue regarding this that may be resolved in ckan 2.1
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/500

The way in 2.0 would be to create your own extension implementing the
IConfigurer interface and using a custom template for home/index.py

{% ckan_extends %}

{% block home_image %}
 <your content>
{% endblock %}