[ckan-dev] autocompletes api

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 17:12:08 UTC 2013

HI,

I've run into an issue with the groups autocomplete.  It just is not
flexible enough.

a) we really want the id and display name for a group to make life easier
b) we cannot limit this to say groups I am a member of, or have a permission for
c) we probably want to only get groups whos display name matches not
the name or title

So the options seem to be

1) make the existing api more flexible by extending it and keeping
backwards compatibility,
2) create a new call that is more flexibly designed from the start

Anyone got an opinion on this or is aware of other issues around the
autocompletes

Tobes