[ckan-dev] Could you please give me some learning methods or advice on how to study CKAN source code quickly?

bupt bupt buptloveandroid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 11:59:32 UTC 2013

hello everyone,
I'm a new starter of CKAN. I want to develop some module for CKAN project
in my spare time. These days I try to research the CKAN source code. But I
find it very difficult to understand all file directory and different
module. So many files and codes make me dizzy.

Could you please give me some learning methods or advice on how to study
CKAN source code quickly? Or can you recommend some
ebooks,pictures,documents  about CKAN souce code architecture. Because CKAN
official website "http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/index.html" didn't say
anything about the source code architecture. After that could you tell me
how to debug CKAN source code project step by step by setting breakpoints.

I'v tried many ways to understand CKAN source code, but still didn't
understand it. This problem already obstructed me for several days and I
almost despaired.

Please help me!
Thank you very much!