[ckan-dev] localized Linux distro vs datastore plugin

Davide davide.savazzi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 13:53:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

I had some issues while installing the datastore plugin on a Centos, I
had PostgreSQL errors in my logs and I wasn't able to continue the
setup until I look at the plugin source:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/master/ckanext/datastore/plugin.py

During the configuration it expects a couple of PostgreSQL errors
containing the string 'permission denied'.
Unfortunately my Centos has been configured to use the Italian
language, so the error messages of my PostgreSQL are in Italian, I had
'permesso negato' instead of 'permission denied'.
:)

I think a note should be added in the documentation to use English
language during the setup... :)

Regards,
--
Davide Savazzi