[ckan-dev] Datastreaming possible?

Stephan Opfer opfer at vs.uni-kassel.de
Sun Mar 24 15:46:44 UTC 2013

Hi CKANer,

I wonder if it is possible to use CKAN for the same purpose as thingspeak.com or cosm.com are made for.

The basic idea is to collect data from several sensor nodes every second and integrate them into the datastorage of ckan. The data can contain temperature, sonar-based distances, accelerations (x,y,z).

At least I saw, that it is possible to visualize data in a graph. Especially, it is possible to combine several data sources in one graph, in order to compare them. This, for example, is not possible with thingspeak.com.

A crucial question is, how fast can new data be integrated automatically.

Best Regards,
   Stephan
--
Distributed Systems Research Group
Stephan Opfer T. +49 561 804-6283 F. +49 561 804-6277