[ckan-dev] Rebuild Fanstatic Cache

Matt Moyles matt.moyles at matricresearch.com
Tue Mar 26 15:46:39 UTC 2013

Does anyone know how to clear out? or rebuild the fanstatic cache in production env? I added bootstrap-carousel.js to the resource.config for bootstrap but it's not showing up in the fanstatic cache. Although it works on the dev. side installed with 'setup.py develop'.

/ckan/ckan/public/base/vendor/resource.config
bootstrap =
    bootstrap/js/bootstrap-transition.js
    bootstrap/js/bootstrap-collapse.js
    bootstrap/js/bootstrap-carousel.js <------- ADDED this line (works in dev) bootstrap-coursel.js and bootstrap-carousel.min.js exist in /ckan/ckan/public/base/vendor/bootstrap/js/ and are copied properly when doing a setup.py install
    bootstrap/js/bootstrap-modal.js
    bootstrap/js/bootstrap-alert.js
    bootstrap/js/bootstrap-tab.js

I've confirmed that after doing a 'setup.py install' on the production server the bootstrap-carousel.js and bootstrap-coursel.min.js (created with paster minify) are copied correctly, but by the date on the fanstatic url being generated it looks like an old version of the cache is being used. I saw in another thead that someone suggested the use of ' paster front-end-build' but I don't have the command available in our current source tree, so I'm assuming it was added recently.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt