[ckan-dev] Create Package programmatically

Ryan Clark ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov
Fri Mar 8 14:28:23 UTC 2013

I'm building a CSW-based harvesting mechanism. I know there are existing harvesting tools, but they don't quite get to what I need, and my project's deadline means I can't wait...

The harvesting itself will need to happen at fixed intervals, without user input. When an XML record is received, it will be parsed and a package will be created. After setting up a job, no user input should be required. This is why I say I won't have a "context" when I get to the point of wanting to generate a package.

Thanks!
Ryan