[ckan-dev] Adding "Object Type" to deposit workflow: where to start?

Vitor Baptista vitor at vitorbaptista.com
Tue Mar 12 23:01:41 UTC 2013

Hi John,

Cool, I would be interested to see how you did it, whenever you finish.

I'm not sure if your templates would change defaults in the many steps, but
if it's only in the first, you could do it using JavaScript. The user would
select a template, and it would auto-fill the fields. If not, you'll have
to check ckan/controllers/package.py and understand how the stages are
done, so you could add a new one. I haven't worked with that code yet, but
it feels like this change won't be that easy.

If he/she faces other specific problems, just ask :-)

Cheers,
Vítor.