[ckan-dev] FIxing the DataStore vs FileStore duality confusion

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Mar 15 13:01:32 UTC 2013

> >Just to update the dev list on this, there's a wiki page here outlining
> >the problems and suggested solutions:
> >

> Hi, Sean.
>
> Some of these ideas look good for clearing up confusion....
>
> But they don't address any of the major architectural issues I've
> run into in actually trying to deploy datastore:

Alright, this spec is about dealing with the user confusion caused by
the datastore and filestore being independent of eachother and
potentially diverging etc. Let's try and keep this on topic as it's
already wandered quite a lot. If there are other problems with the
datastore lets deal with them separately..

If you're working on a datastore loader script, you may want to
coordinate with Dominik Moritz and Nigel Babu as they're currently
working on a datastore loading service and script, which are intended to
replace the existing ckanext-datastorer. It sounds like they're also
trying to solve some of the same issues as you are.

https://github.com/okfn/datapusher
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-sa/pull/3