[ckan-dev] Datasource and resource id - how do I create the initial resource in the datastore?

Henrik Korsgaard henrikkorsgaard at gmail.com
Tue May 14 19:47:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,

This is a very basic question and properly belong elsewhere, but here
goes...

I have installed CKAN 2.0 from package install on Ubuntu 12.04, postgres
9.1.

In the final setup of the datastore, the guide provides a GET and a POST
example via curl. I can do the GET, but I have a very basic question
regarding the POST example. It says I have to provide a resource id of an
existing CKAN datasource (in datastore?).

The examples in the final part of the datastore setup guide are a
bit ambiguous, e.g. create a new resource  in datastore, up against an
existing resource id, on a fresh (empty) install.

Now, I have created a resource through the CKAN site and with the action
API (package_create), but the POST example does not recognise (Not Found
Error) any IDs.

I have checked the apache log, the nginx log and the postgres log, no
errors. Postgres write permissions are checked and double checked.

[Question] So, can anyone provide a short description of how to create a
resource, obtain resource id and add create a resource in the datastore?

...disclaimer: I might have overlooked something trivial in the various
documentation, if so I am sorry :)

--
Med venlig hilsen - Best regards,

*Henrik Korsgaard*