[ckan-dev] plugins: inherit=???

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Wed May 15 13:21:38 UTC 2013

when creating plugins

class MyPlugin(p.SingletonPlugin):

    p.implements(p.ISomeInterface)

generally people don't add inherit=True which causes problems when
expanding interfaces.  Currently I'm looking at expanding IActions but
doing this then breaks lots of extensions.

I'm thinking of patching ckan so that unless we specify inherit=False
we will inherit.  I can't see where we would not want to inherit but
it would allow the option if explicitly requested.  Otherwise we just
keep breaking extensions for no good reason.

Is this a bad plan?  Am I inherently evil?

--
Toby Dacre

The Open Knowledge Foundation

Empowering through Open Knowledge