[ckan-dev] CKAN for Research Data Management - paper for comment

Joss Winn jwinn at lincoln.ac.uk
Wed May 22 12:21:39 UTC 2013

Hello and sorry for cross-posting. I had hoped to get this out for comment
before now and am trying to hit as many people as possible before Monday.

In February, we held a workshop to discuss the requirements for using CKAN
for 'Research Data Management (RDM)'.[1]

I am presenting a conference paper next week at two conferences,[2]
discussing the use of CKAN for RDM, based on our experience at Lincoln and
the outcomes of the workshop.

I welcome any comments you might have on my draft paper, which is
available here:

http://j.mp/13HNaoV

In particular, I am keen for CKAN developers and OKF staff to ensure that
I have been factually accurate in how I have presented the project.

Any comments received prior to Tuesday 28th May, will be noted in my
discussion of CKAN at the conferences. I intend to publish the finished
paper on our project blog in the first week of June and will announce it
on this list.

Thanks very much,
Joss

[1] http://orbital.blogs.lincoln.ac.uk/2013/02/27/ckan-for-rdm-workshop/