[ckan-dev] [Services-coord] Datastore and Filestore consolidation

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Fri May 24 09:42:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

Moving to ckan-dev so people can have a look at the spec.

Dominik, great work. The spec makes perfect sense, I only have a
couple of questions.

> We'll disable data previews for data that is not in the datastore, because the dataproxy is too unreliable. All data previews will work via the datastore. The dataproxy will not be disabled but we won't use it any more.
* Will the datapusher be enabled by default? Will be a single central
instance that will be used by all instances? Will users need to deploy
their own?

* How will CKAN talk to the datapusher (ie send the data)? is it a
separate extension or ckanext-datastorer?

Thanks

Adrià