[ckan-dev] Upgrading datahub.io

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Fri May 31 18:34:03 UTC 2013

Apologies for x-post

In the next couple of weeks (once I have my immediate busy period out of the way) I'm intending to upgrade datahub.io to a much newer version of CKAN.  As part of that I'm hoping to update the datahub extension to make it more usable as a community datahub in an effort to stop the spammers and introduce some features that may (or may not) be useful to regular contributors.  datahub.io is after all a community site, and so I believe it should really be maintained to some extent by that community.

At the moment I'm really just pitching for ideas that people would like to see implemented on the site and would be very interested if anyone had any ideas to contribute to possibly add a ticket with the idea (and mark it enhancement) at https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-datahub/issues

Also if anybody wanted to help out with the work, either adding features or helping improve the front-end, they would be *very* welcome.

Ross.