[ckan-dev] Adding custom metadata in stage 3 (IDatasetForm)

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri May 10 12:08:42 UTC 2013

> In the meantime I've done some more debugging and finally found the
> reason. If on stage 1 the field get's no value, it is stored as
> 'MissingObject'. This value does not get overwritten in stage 3,
> even if the user gives a new (real) value. Depending on the
> validator ('ignore_missing' in my case) the key is deleted in the
> end.

Can you report this as a github issue please? This sounds like a bug
that we should fix

> Is there really no way to add custom optional metadata in stage
> 3?

Yes, example_idatasetform does do this, it adds a field called
country_code to stage 3 of the dataset form. It uses convert_to_tags
though, not convert_to_extras, so I wonder if the problem you're having
only happens with convert_to_extras.