[ckan-dev] return specified results through datastore_search API

Dominik Moritz dominik.moritz at okfn.org
Tue May 14 09:40:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 14 May 2013, at 03:53, 天龙出云 <dragoniszhang at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello everyone,
>
> I want to use datastore_search API to find specified results with curl
> command like the following:
> curl
> http://127.0.0.1:5000/api/3/action/datastore_search?resource_id=adae6ab9-731d-462a-82c9-fd1e8c9ea3f6&fields='c,n
> '
> the value of fields 'c,n' are the column name of the table in datastore
> database.

It does work for me. See http://demo.ckan.org/api/action/datastore_search?resource_id=f6331f99-51f6-44d9-95b9-b20f3b74f360&fields=lat,lon

If that does not work, you should try to use POST instead of GET requests.

We have the docs at http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/api.html and http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/datastore-api.html. I'm afraid we don't have a tutorial but I hope you find help in the docs.

> Another question is that if I want to give aliases to a resource on the web
> page, where can I input the aliases to send to the datastore_create API? I
> did not see anywhere to input the aliases attribute when I create a
> resource on web page.

You can't create an alias through the Interface. It's really easy to do it through the API, though. You need to send a POST request with a json object like this:

to datastore_create

{
    "resource_id": "adae6ab9-731d-462a-82c9",
    "aliases": "my_alias",
    "fields": [{"id": "book", "type": "text"},
                   {"id": "author", "type": "text"}]
}

Hope that helps,
Dominik