[ckan-dev] Uploading large files to CKAN's FileStore

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed May 15 09:05:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

I tried to upload a 12Mb file in demo and worked fine both on Chrome
and FF [1] (Chrome is useful for that because it tells you the percent
uploaded on the lower left corner)

Do you get a javascript error when the upload stalls (eg the server
returns timeout or 500)?

Off the top of my head, if that is a server configuration problem
maybe we need to up the timeout on nginx?
http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpProxyModule#proxy_read_timeout

Perhaps it would be good to do it only for the upload endpoint. I
don't have much experience with nginx settings though.

Adrià

[1] http://demo.ckan.org/dataset/cat-pictures4c9