[ckan-dev] Resource.hash

John Glover john.glover at okfn.org
Wed May 29 14:55:26 UTC 2013

Hi Toby,

1) If you want to check an external resource regularly to see if it has
changed, how would you do that? Currently we store the hash in that field
and then update it when necessary. It could also be used by people that
want to verify that they have downloaded the correct file.

2) Are you referring to when the external resource is changed or when the
CKAN resource is changed?

3) It's not ideal, but I'm not sure how else you are proposing to handle
this. It should not be editable through the WUI though.

4) Not without breaking things.

John