[ckan-dev] ckan-dev Digest, Vol 37, Issue 3

Athos Georgiou ag242 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Nov 4 16:57:06 UTC 2013

Dear Babu,

Thank you for the response.

1) I have installed the latest version of CKAN with: pip install -e 'git+https://github.com/okfn/ckan.git#egg=ckan'. Is the version an indication for the issues?
2) No error in my error logs regarding the Filestore showing but I finally got the upload file button showing today on my test and development server (with virtualenv + apache running)but I get the following error in the terminal that is running virtualenv through paster when I attempt to upload a file:

Error - <type 'exceptions.IOError'>: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/ckan/default/pairtree_version0_1'
2013-11-04 16:49:16,035 INFO  [ckan.lib.base]  /api/storage/auth/form/2013-11-04T16%3A49%3A15.816Z/census-marriage.csv render time 0.005 seconds

And Ckan shows " Unable to authenticate upload " after opening the selected file in the website. While looking in my /var/lib/ckan/default/ directory there is no file named pairtree_version0_1. Also, I have checked again and again and all the access privileges seem fine. (www-data and root for owner and group respectively)

3) ofs bits below:
# Local file storage:
ofs.impl = pairtree
ofs.storage_dir = /var/lib/ckan/default