[ckan-dev] CKAN: file preview loading indefinitely

Athos Georgiou ag242 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Nov 7 13:34:14 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have managed to resolve my data file upload issue and can successfully upload files but when I select preview for files, the loading animation continues indefinitely. After some searching I found a discussion which describes the problem here: https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/1221. Having followed a response which lead here: https://github.com/okfn/ckan/commit/c8a483a77f82c4c8a545c569e87cd7843a3d92dc I have checked my action.py python file but have not found anything to indicate what could be causing the issue. I have enabled the filestore plugin in the config file but I suspect that this may have to do with the code in the next two lines:

ckan.datastore.write_url = postgresql://ckan_default:pass@localhost/datastore_default
ckan.datastore.read_url = postgresql://datastore_default:pass@localhost/datastore_default

I have enabled the datastore plugin and can confirm that the file is uploaded and downloaded without issues.

Any insight on what could be causing this indefinite loading animation?

Thank you,

Athos Georgiou
Application Developer - Research Computing
IT Services, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL
Tel: 01334 4644731   E-mail: ag242 at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:ag242 at st-andrews.ac.uk>

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC013532)