[ckan-dev] Preview sometimes embedded within two scrollable sections?

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Tue Nov 12 01:32:01 UTC 2013

Hi, I have noticed recently that some datasets I have been looking at are poorly formatted in that when previewed they appear within a scrollable window within another scrollable window.  This behaviour is not universal however, different datasets on the same CKAN install (both with seemingly simple data) appear differently.

e.g. preview of http://demo.ckan.org/dataset/afghanistan-election-data/resource/f6331f99-51f6-44d9-95b9-b20f3b74f360 looks fine to me
but  http://demo.ckan.org/dataset/aarons-test-dataset/resource/75d6ec26-cd46-40c6-a58b-06b22dda81ca  or
 http://demo.ckan.org/dataset/newcastle-city-council-payments-over-500/resource/0c2bd47a-6ac5-412e-a337-1b45a952e07e   have a second scroll bar within the first.

Initially I thought it was only if the dataset was too wide and needed a scroll left/right, but that is not the case. The double scroll bar seems to be when looking at the data grid, but when looking at a graph it shows a single scroll bar (ie. it doesn't fit the graph into the available screen real estate, which is also a bit annoying).

Aaron