[ckan-dev] ckanext-spatial and pycsw synchronization workflow

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 00:34:28 UTC 2013

Hi all:

ckanext-spatial docs mention that only harvested documents are made
available to pycsw.

What is blocking us from modifying
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial/blob/master/bin/ckan_pycsw.py
to sync all CKAN metadata, not just harvested metadata.

Is this because we are unable to yield formal metadata (ISO, FGDC) XML
from native CKAN local datasets?  If yes, if we had a JSON to ISO XML
metadata converter for local datasets only (whereas harvested datasets
would already be in a formal metadata standard), would this work?

..Tom