[ckan-dev] Authorization Concept

Kirstein, Fabian fabian.kirstein at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Nov 19 09:11:05 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've got a conceptional question regarding CKANs authorization system. I understand that the authorization is managed with the organizations. But what is the concept to become a member of an organization in the first place? Let's say a user has registered himself and know he wants to add a dataset to an organization. So he has to know the admin of that organization and contact him somehow. If he doesn't know him, he has no chance be become a member of that organization. Do I get this right? Probably there should be an option for sending a request  for joining the organization!?

Thanks for any thoughts on that.
Fabian

Fabian Kirstein
Fraunhofer Institut FOKUS