[ckan-dev] How to activate and compile CKAN internationalization files within an extension

Ralf user66 at arcor.de
Mon Nov 4 09:23:49 UTC 2013

Wonderful tip, Ian. Thank you. Using msgcat and msgfmt for replacing
the standard mo files works perfect!

Last question / problem:

How do I replace the default "en" files? There are only "en_GB" and
"en_AU" directories under "pyenv/src/ckan/ckan/i18n/". I could not
find any other mo files that would fit to plain "en". Is the "en"
translation hardcoded into the CKAN source? Or how to tweak it?

@Stefan: The "pyenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ckan/i18n" dir does
not exist on my site. So, you don't replace the i18n files under
"pyenv/src/ckan/ckan/i18n/"?

Cheers
Ralf